When I was a young man, in one of my obsessive creative phases, I did a lot of paintings. These are they:
Lies Lies Lies
Look out!!! Terrorists!!
Immigrants and scroungers!!
Scamming on the NHS
The dirty foreign bounders!!
Work-shy!! Lazy bastards!!
Lying in bed all day!!
Dirty little sluts
Who like having it away!!
They are robbing our great nation!!
And it’s all the EUs faults!!
With their bent cucumbers
And bureaucratic sorts!!
We can’t arrest Bin Laden
Or deport Captain Hook!!
They’ve got to have their rights
It’s written in the book!!
The sooner we make our own laws
The sooner we’ll be free!!
To taste the honey mead of England
In sweet liberty!!!
The headlines scream their lies
For the masses to consume.
While the bankers rob us blind
As the rich sustain their boom.
Fiddling £10 on the dole
Is a crime against the nation.
While evading tax on billions
Is not worthy of sensation.
The Public Services cost too much!!
Reduce their pay and pensions.
But we must increase the CEOs pay
To avoid possible abstentions.
The poor are nowt but parasites
A stain upon our country!!
Set them to work for crumbs
Packing shelves and cleaning lavatory.
The food banks and soup kitchens
Are good enough for them!!
Addicts and alkies
Lazy scroungers and not men!!
Automate the factories
More profits for the boys
Who cares if there’s no work??
Or who it may annoy!!
Lies, lies and more lies
Are poured out everyday
To befuddle all our minds
So the big boys scam their pay.
The lust for power, wealth and fame
Is what runs this little game.
The establishment has long played it thus
And likes keeping it the same.
Big lies, little lies
Scandals and distractions.
Designed to keep us in our place
And disarm all the factions.
- Land of Soap and Tories – A parody by the great Hornsea writer John Philips.
- Tories preside over the biggest drop in living standards for the poor since the 1800s.
- Rich and Lou’s Loudhailer at Kardomah94 Hull
- Richard Strange of the Doctors of Madness at Kardomah94 Hull.
- Britain’s power wanes.
- Poetry – The Last Dregs
- Tonight’s the Night!! Strange happenings at Kardomah94!! Kid Strange hits the stage! Supported by Rich & Lou’s Loudhailer!
- MPs just voted for cruelty to animals – make them change their minds!
- Richard Strange – the poster for the gig at Kardomah94 Hull – Wednesday 22nd November