Who is writing songs of this magnitude anymore? Nobody. The corporate machine has steamrolled music. Where is the social comment? The Protest? Is has disappeared.
This epic was full of it.
The greedy, selfish machine has taken control – society is heading down a road of destruction and control. 184 looms with its super-surveillance, laws, restrictions and overpopulation. We are consumers happily purchasing product. The natural, free life has gone. We are units to be controlled. We can’t stop this madness as it destroys the planet.
This is the age of non-creativity – of corporate madness, of wealth acquisition and a plastic universe. We are helpless before the onslaught but we still live inside as the world changes around us.
But stopping ain’t that possible this far into control
This far beyond the non imagination
No more than I can shed the moving forces of my soul
The time lords of the slowly revolution.
We are swarming over the planet and destroying nature. Now we’re heading out into space on some megalomaniacal mission to colonise the stars, to set up our missions and bring the word to alien worlds.
This is the gun-toting attitude of violence and power. It’s a game of winners and losers – the weak and the strong.
The robber barons, in their madness, want to conquer the universe.
You and me, mother, we’re gonna raise a ship full of kids and slowly lose them
Why does it matter where they’ve all gone, we don’t even have the power to choose them
You and me, father, we’re gonna colonise all of the stars with lots of our madness
Shooting through space with sons on our hips and guns on our lips to play snakes and ladders.
This version starts slowly but develops nicely.
My books are available on Amazon in paperback and digital formats. They are world-wide!
In the UK you might like to browse through on my link below: For overseas visitors please refer to your local Amazon. You’ll find me there.
In the USA:
Here’s a few selected titles:
- The Blues Muse – the story of Rock music through the eyes of the man with no name who was there through it all.
2. In Search of Captain Beefheart – The story of one man’s search for the best music from the fifties through to now.
1. Ebola in the Garden of Eden – a tale of overpopulation, government intrigue and a disaster that almost wipes out mankind, warmed by the humanity of children.
2. Green – A story set in the future where pollution is destroying the planet and factions of the Green Party have different solutions – a girl is born with no nervous system.
Kindle & Paperback versions:
1. Anthropocene Apocalypse – a detailed memoir of the destruction taking place all over the globe with views on how to deal with it.
- A passion for Education – A Headteacher’s story – The inside story of how to teach our children properly.
There are many more – why not give them a go! You’ll love them!