This was a strange one. Reality dreams and we are those dreams. Each day a new world, a new life with new memories? Or always the same?
All we can do is live it to the full and not waste a single second.
The day had been exceedingly boring. Nothing had happened at all. It was a day empty of content, devoid of interest and lacking in excitement.
Messny drifted through the hours moping about lethargically. There was nothing to disturb his apathy or capture his attention. He felt tired and mentally jaded and could think of nothing to motivate himself, to stimulate him into snapping out of his morose state. By evening he was thoroughly depressed without a clue of how he could dig himself out of this rut. There was nowhere he wanted to go, nothing he wanted to do and nobody he wanted to see. It was just one of those dreary miserable days that you wanted to crawl off into a cocoon and wait for it to end.
He sulkily flicked through the channels on the TV but, as predicted, there was nothing worth watching.
At last he gave in and went to bed where he lay staring up at the ceiling for ages before finally dropping off to sleep.
It was a rebirth.
As soon as his mind switched off it switched on.
He woke to a beautiful day. The morning was bright and sunny as was his disposition. Cheerily he jumped out of bed. There was far too much to do to waste time lazing around. He’d never fit it in. life was such a rush. There was never enough time.
Bathroom, dressing and breakfast were attacked with haste. He could not wait. There was a whole day to fill with delight – places to go, people to meet, things to talk about, friends to spent time with, things to create, flavours, colours and sounds to relish, films to watch, books to read, books to write and games to be played – so much pleasure to pack into the excitement of another day.
My books are available on Amazon in paperback and digital formats. They are world-wide!
In the UK you might like to browse through on my link below: For overseas visitors please refer to your local Amazon. You’ll find me there.
In the USA:
Here’s a few selected titles:
- The Blues Muse – the story of Rock music through the eyes of the man with no name who was there through it all.
2. In Search of Captain Beefheart – The story of one man’s search for the best music from the fifties through to now.
1. Ebola in the Garden of Eden – a tale of overpopulation, government intrigue and a disaster that almost wipes out mankind, warmed by the humanity of children.
2. Green – A story set in the future where pollution is destroying the planet and factions of the Green Party have different solutions – a girl is born with no nervous system.
Kindle & Paperback versions:
1. Anthropocene Apocalypse – a detailed memoir of the destruction taking place all over the globe with views on how to deal with it.
- A passion for Education – A Headteacher’s story – The inside story of how to teach our children properly.
There are many more – why not give them a go! You’ll love them!