With characters nothing, something and eternity my younger self set out to explore infinity with a spot of humour thrown in for good luck. A mystical poetic adventure of reality
Today was Wednesday
It was decided somewhere.
This proved extremely inconvenient
For all the parts that did not care
That now had to.
All of it did not care one way or another.
Boredom set in and created dissatisfaction.
Within this state of being
A search was initiated
To give purpose to life
Or the state of non-being that passed as consciousness.
A being was created from components of something
He was given some time and space –
Just a little.
He was set a task
And given power
To find out what he wanted
The being decided to take on the task
And not just pretend.
At least that was the impression that was given.
The question it set for itself
Or had set for it –
Depending on your viewpoint –
Or simply wasn’t interested in –
Which was another view –
‘Was there another something in the Nothing?
Or was there simply nothing in the nothing?’
It interpreted this –
‘If there was something else then it is proof that I am real and exist.’
If there was – then how many somethings?
And could one ever be sure that there weren’t more beyond that?
It was a worry.
‘I am the greatest – the biggest and the best!’
‘Did I just dream it all?’
He asked in aeons of doubt.
‘Do I dream at all?’
‘Do you dream my dreams?’
To find out the answers to these and the many other questions that were written on the vacuum of the breeze, the being, who shall be nameless, and called someone, began to scientifically investigate infinity using finity as a tool – a long job.
He had the advantage of being infinite himself
But had never been told
So he never knew.
There was no other something to tell him
And nothing did not let on.
So someone divided into two every split second
And travelled out at the speed of light
With strict instructions
To report back
If something else was found.
Nearly fourteen billion years went by
In the blink of an eye
As a big patch of nothing was explored badly.
Still everything hung on
Waiting for an answer,
That nothing was not all that really existed
And that something was not an accident.
Nothing worried too.
For without something not even nothing existed.
Belief was all that stopped something being nothing
Or nothing something.
But for how long is forever?
When will we know?
There is still more than most that requires exploring.
Still just as much.
No truth in sight.
Not even a set of fundamentals.
We are anxious.
Did we send him out with enough senses
To recognise something if he saw it?
Would he detect different types of matter?
Energies or dimensions?
Perhaps the quest is futile?
What a worry for eternity!
My books are available on Amazon in paperback and digital formats. They are world-wide!
In the UK you might like to browse through on my link below: For overseas visitors please refer to your local Amazon. You’ll find me there.
In the USA:
Here’s a few selected titles:
- The Blues Muse – the story of Rock music through the eyes of the man with no name who was there through it all.
2. In Search of Captain Beefheart – The story of one man’s search for the best music from the fifties through to now.
1. Ebola in the Garden of Eden – a tale of overpopulation, government intrigue and a disaster that almost wipes out mankind, warmed by the humanity of children.
2. Green – A story set in the future where pollution is destroying the planet and factions of the Green Party have different solutions – a girl is born with no nervous system.
Kindle & Paperback versions:
1. Anthropocene Apocalypse – a detailed memoir of the destruction taking place all over the globe with views on how to deal with it.
- A passion for Education – A Headteacher’s story – The inside story of how to teach our children properly.
There are many more – why not give them a go! You’ll love them!