I am only six pages from the end of this rewrite. The last third is the toughest to complete but I’m loving doing this.
I’m not sure how this reads to you, or whether the structure of the book is obvious? I probably shouldn’t let it near the light of day. Most writers keep these early things well out of sight.
This long I Am poem was an attempt to capture the mysticism of the unknown – the flux from which all things are formed. Back in my youth I was less atheistic than I am now but it is interesting for me to see that while I did not preclude a god I certainly wasn’t representing the ‘mind’ in any such manner.
The beginning is a mystery. Infinity and reality are wonders to be thought about with awe.
It never sat easily with a set of medieval writings to me. Religions do not contain the mysticism I write about.
I am the time of now
I am without limits
I am your protection from evil
I am your light in the dark
How can you worry when I am here?
I am the destroyer of universes
I am the life of the egg
I am the ultimate giver
I have no memory
There is nothing I do not know
I am the universal jester
I am but a child at play
I am fickle in all things
I can treat nothing as serious
My moves are whims
I have the powers of nature
I choose to watch
I choose to leave alone
I am happiest in play
My decisions are final
I create your laws
I create stability
I create order
I create the precision of the universe
There is nothing I cannot change
I am she you question
I am he you seek to play with
I am she you seek to befriend
I am he you seek to conquer
But first you must learn.
My books are available on Amazon in paperback and digital formats. They are world-wide!
In the UK you might like to browse through on my link below: For overseas visitors please refer to your local Amazon. You’ll find me there.
In the USA:
Here’s a few selected titles:
- The Blues Muse – the story of Rock music through the eyes of the man with no name who was there through it all.
2. In Search of Captain Beefheart – The story of one man’s search for the best music from the fifties through to now.
1. Ebola in the Garden of Eden – a tale of overpopulation, government intrigue and a disaster that almost wipes out mankind, warmed by the humanity of children.
2. Green – A story set in the future where pollution is destroying the planet and factions of the Green Party have different solutions – a girl is born with no nervous system.
Kindle & Paperback versions:
1. Anthropocene Apocalypse – a detailed memoir of the destruction taking place all over the globe with views on how to deal with it.
- A passion for Education – A Headteacher’s story – The inside story of how to teach our children properly.
There are many more – why not give them a go! You’ll love them!