This is part 2. I was delving into the nature of infinity. Where did the universe come from? Where did god come from?
Now I don’t believe in god. But there is something wondrous about contemplating the universe, its infinite nature and its conception. If there was a god, as a mind, then it began somewhere.
Beginnings of Infinity
There is no beginning. There was always something there before the beginning.
But everything that has substance originated out of nothing.
That nothing is the flux.
That is its property.
Even present day infinity has changed.
Here was nothing.
For as far as nothing could imagine – nothing.
Not contained, stretching nowhere, everywhere.
Not with light, or darkness, nor even emptiness – for empty space has substance.
But here was absolute nothing – for this is nothing beyond the conception of mind – this is infinity.
Suddenly, or slowly, for there is no time, something began.
A swirling of nothing into something.
Finity was born.
In the midst of infinity – or all of infinity.
Abstract without form
Swirling in the nowhere that was here.
For a split second,
Or for all time,
Did it vacillate?
Did it totter between nothing and something?
Flashing in and out of existence?
Swirling back and forth –
Nothing to everything –
Everything to nothing –
Slipping back and forth
Between the infinity it was made from and the infinity it became?
Shapes and colours,
Light and form,
Solidity and smell,
Merged with hallucinatory no form.
Matter and antimatter,
Sound and anti-sound,
With potential to cancel each other.
And so not existing – yet?
Expanding and filling –
Always filling everything.
How expanding when it is everything?
But that was what it was,
No matter how small,
Large or unimportant.
Without it there was nothing.
It was nothing.
No time passed before it began.
It will take no time.
It is total illusion – but real.
It became attached to nothing –
A part of nothing that was mind.
This mind fluctuated on the edge of infinity, always pulled back to finity, but never making it, always somewhere.
It was formed of nothing the same as something, but very different.
This kind of something was intangible.
How far could it expand?
My books are available on Amazon in paperback and digital formats. They are world-wide!
In the UK you might like to browse through on my link below: For overseas visitors please refer to your local Amazon. You’ll find me there.
In the USA:
Here’s a few selected titles:
- The Blues Muse – the story of Rock music through the eyes of the man with no name who was there through it all.
2. In Search of Captain Beefheart – The story of one man’s search for the best music from the fifties through to now.
1. Ebola in the Garden of Eden – a tale of overpopulation, government intrigue and a disaster that almost wipes out mankind, warmed by the humanity of children.
2. Green – A story set in the future where pollution is destroying the planet and factions of the Green Party have different solutions – a girl is born with no nervous system.
Kindle & Paperback versions:
1. Anthropocene Apocalypse – a detailed memoir of the destruction taking place all over the globe with views on how to deal with it.
- A passion for Education – A Headteacher’s story – The inside story of how to teach our children properly.
There are many more – why not give them a go! You’ll love them!