There was a lot of humour in this as well as some thoughtful playful philosophy. I was playing with metaphysics – making characters out of abstract concepts – putting consciousness into ideas.
I’m not sure if it’s a poem at all.
I was young and playing with ideas. It’s fun.
Chance decided that owing to magic and necessity,
Plus the fact that even infinity was an illusion,
Finity had as much right to be infinite.
Until all forever had passed
And all distance was crossed
Nothing was proven.
Illusion was worried by the ruling.
Was chance infinite too?
Did its laws exist everywhere?
By its own laws there must be somewhere it did not exist?
Did they apply in nowhere?
What of God
Who was now around?
He was busy trying to become bigger.
That was a stretch with nothing to help.
If the illusion halved its size each day
Would it disappear?
What is the smallest piece of something that can exist?
So how far is the middle from where I am standing?
Why is it all around me
And I am always in the middle?
If the middle is so small that it is nothing.
The middle of infinity is everything.
All the matter and energy created was of no size.
This was back-dated to create size.
But it did not work satisfactorily.
As nothing had decided it,
It would have to do,
At least until the next election.
After the election nothing was relegated
And ceased to exist –
A state that still exists sometimes.
But this too was in a state of flux.
Time alters even itself
Often or once.
This was proved to be true or false
Depending on whose side you are on,
The times and public opinion.
Which did not yet exist.
As the confusion developed further into chaos
Time the healer took over and stated that it had always been like this,
It is just that sometimes it gets clearer.
Mind, disbelieving this,
Openly stated that this was rubbish
And that time had only imagined it.
Mind no longer worried
Except when it was alone
Which was always.
So it split in two for company.
This led to arguments and disagreements
Over time, space and room.
There was just not room for two minds in infinity.
It was not big enough.
So mind reunited and became bigger.
My books are available on Amazon in paperback and digital formats. They are world-wide!
In the UK you might like to browse through on my link below: For overseas visitors please refer to your local Amazon. You’ll find me there.
In the USA:
Here’s a few selected titles:
- The Blues Muse – the story of Rock music through the eyes of the man with no name who was there through it all.
2. In Search of Captain Beefheart – The story of one man’s search for the best music from the fifties through to now.
1. Ebola in the Garden of Eden – a tale of overpopulation, government intrigue and a disaster that almost wipes out mankind, warmed by the humanity of children.
2. Green – A story set in the future where pollution is destroying the planet and factions of the Green Party have different solutions – a girl is born with no nervous system.
Kindle & Paperback versions:
1. Anthropocene Apocalypse – a detailed memoir of the destruction taking place all over the globe with views on how to deal with it.
- A passion for Education – A Headteacher’s story – The inside story of how to teach our children properly.
There are many more – why not give them a go! You’ll love them!